Thursday, February 09, 2006

From Johnnydragon

Essentially, I feel that there is little point or productivity to my contribution. Having been a devout Christian myself, I can attest that there is no way to change the mind of a Christian. Even if I were to inrrefutably prove Creation without Intelligent Design (of course I can't do so 100%) and the lack of existence of God, none of you would accept it. Instead verses would be quoted on how Christians must not be fooled by the crafty words that are inspired by Satan. I suspect that others would simply ignore it and use the convenience of things like faith or God's omniscience. Why do I feel this way? Again, much is to do with having been Christian, however you can examine this very blog for more evidence. I have posted an in-depth article with many valid points about the faith, to which only Patrick responded essentially in agreement (see "Of Contradictions, Free Will and Just Plain Craziness"). I had also stated that if the verse about women speaking in the church was meant as specific to a certain time, then we would have to accept that anything in the bible is not applicable anymore. One can't pick and choose what to believe, or it is impossible to consider the word to be of a divine God. And yet, those were the responses that people provided, proving yet again that what I say would be ignored. Other related things are the contradicitons which I sent a link to in one posting. There were countless examples of parts of the bible which did not agree with one another, and yet no one said anything to it.

I wish everyone the best that has stayed, but I can only be involved in such things when I know my points will be acknowledged.

1 Corinthians 14:33 [NASB] for God is not a God of cnconfusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.
Titus 3:9 [KJV} But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.


*Posted with permission of the author.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well I disagree about no productivity, I took your side into account as much as a 100% faith filled Christian with an open mind can and thought it valid and thought it was a fair assertation.
I don't think your words are crafty words of Satan, in fact I don't hardly think of Satan or use those words.
And I don't think verses would be quoted about what you say, personally I think your words come from you, not inspired by satanic or deceiving unknown forces.
I'm sorry for not acknowledging your craziness of the bible post, I thought I wrote something there but I didn't,or it didn't work, because I wrote about Jesus and sending the demons into the pigs, I will though and had intended to,I intend to write on a difficult book, the book of Job. but there were so many posts after that one.
It's hard to do it all on my own with time limits and so on, but in time I will.
You are wrong in thinking that Christians ignore your assertations,(at least this one) I didn't ignore any of it.
The post about women, I thought I had explained it, as the letter written by Paul because the women had been disruptive.
I'm sorry that you didn't give it more of a chance, because i'm not the only Christian contributor, maybe hearing from the others would have made for a better debate with you.
I can only give you what's in myself and i'm sure they could have given you something more fresh I suppose.
I just want you to know most of all that you can't label a "christian" as one type of person, there are many different people, some believe for one reason and others for another.
Some are sucked in and others make their own minds up, some are intelligent and some are not etc.
I don't accept the "no creator" view, not because of any weird notion, but because that's where I made my mind up, on my own and by myself,with my own research and without help from a Pastor or parent.
I have questioned the existence of God in my teen years, I have gone off on my own and learned my own lessons and again, made my mind up alone.
I feel that it's ok for 2 people to disagree strongly, even if it can be frustrating. I have a strong mind in my beliefs and you have a strong mind in yours and I think that could have been what frustrated you the most.
We are all different and I wished you could have heard from someone other than me, it could be my personality I suppose, you could have enjoyed someone elses more i'm sure of it.
My personal hope was that you would come to see what I see, but that's what any Christian would have wanted.

10:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home